34965 Woodward Ave
Birmingham, MI 48009 - Oakland County
Once the site of Park Smith’s gristmill, where lumber was cut and farm implements repaired, Peabody’s began as the local fruit market in 1946. It was Peabody’s Market, a thriving family-run market that served as grocer to its surrounding communities for twenty-nine years. Miles of apple, peach and pear orchards, maintained by Stan and Louise Peabody, combined with their hard-work and fortitude, were the “venture capital” that started Peabody’s In 1975, son, Jim Peabody, who always wanted to create a relaxing local upscale restaurant, turned the infamous barn structure into Peabody’s Fine Foods And Wet Goods.